Grants have been made annually since 2018, and the Trustee Board encourages applications from potential beneficiaries. Broad guidance for applicants is on this page, and more details about the way in which the Trust treats applications and makes grants can be found in the Trust’s current Grant-Making Policy.
The Company of Entrepreneurs Trust recognises that the coronavirus pandemic is having a very significant effect on the work of many social enterprises, educational and charitable bodies. As such, the Trust pledges flexibility and support to its existing beneficiaries.
Moreover, the Trust will endeavour to adopt a flexible approach to applications for 2022 funding, in recognition of the ongoing disruption caused by COVID-19 pandemic, and to mitigate the impact on potential beneficiaries.
You can read more about our promises to applicants and beneficiaries at http://www.covid19funders.org.uk/
The Object of the Trust are:
- The advancement of education for the benefit of the public, including in particular education and vocational training in relation to knowledge and skills required by entrepreneurs and individuals wishing to become entrepreneurs;
- The relief of financial hardship among entrepreneurs and former entrepreneurs, their widows, widowers, orphans and dependants within the United Kingdom by making grants of money for providing or paying for items services or facilities which they could not otherwise afford through lack of means; and
- To advance such other charitable purposes (according to the law of England and Wales) as the trustees see fit from time to time.
For the purposes of clause 2.2, "entrepreneurs" shall mean persons who have invested their own money and time in setting up and leading one or more successful businesses.
For applying, please consider the Object of the Trust to ensure that they are applicable to your circumstances. You can download a copy of our Grant Making Policy by clicking here.
Grants are made annually within the following framework.
- Initial applications are to be made using the online contact form.
- The Trust Board will meet in October to produce a longlist of applicants
- All applicants will be informed of the outcome by 30th November
- Longlisted applicants will be invited to submit a fuller application by 31st January
- The Trust Board will meet in February to review the longlisted applicants and produce a shortlist of potential beneficiaries
- All longlisted applicant will be informed of the outcome by 28th February
- Shortlisted applicants are invited to meet the Trust Board in April.
- All shortlisted applicants will be informed of the outcome by 30th April
- Grant offers are made by 31st May. Beneficiaries may be invited to attend a Company of Entrepreneurs event to be formally presented.